Does your industry require a Verification of Competency (VOC) every few years? RPL may be the option for you.
Sydney Rescue Consultants RTO#45525 is able to offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for units of competency that is within our scope. This is designed for students who have already completed a nationally recognised training course and require a refresher, re-certification or upgrade to a current unit of competency.
Through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policies and procedures, if you meet all the requirements, you can be eligible for assessment only re-certification.
Note: Due to the high risk nature of some the work involved and keeping up to date with current industry standards, you may still be required to complete an assessment of your knowledge and/or practical skills depending on your current experience. This will be determined by our assessment team.
Units of Competency Available for RPL:
All pricing is on a case by case basis, per person, per unit. If RPL is for multiple units a discount may be applied.
- RIIWHS202E Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMPER300 Issue Work Permits
- MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis
- MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus
- MSMWHS217 Gas test Atmospheres
- PUASAR022 Participate in a Rescue Operation
- PUASAR025 Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- PUASAR032 Undertake Vertical Rescue
- ICTTCR203 Use safe rigging practices to climb and perform rescues on telecommunications network structures
- UETTDRRFO6 Perform Tower Rescue
Evidence Requirements for RPL can include the following:
The below must be provided to Sydney Rescue Consultants and course fees must be paid before you can be enrolled in a course.
Minimum Evidence Requirements:
- Initial email or phone call.
- A copy of a government issued ID (drivers licence, passport etc)
- Validated Statement of Attainment (Certificate) for current unit/s of competency. No older than 2 years from date of issue. Not your plastic card.
Note: If your statement of attainment contains superseded units of competency, you can still apply for RPL, however addition evidence (below) may be required.
Additional evidence that may be required includes:
- Signed Risk Assessments or Permits.
- Work Documentation
- In-house training documents
- Evidence of industry experience eg. letter from supervisor, phone interview etc.
- USI transcript.
- More details as needed on case by case basis.
If you are unsure of the requirements or would like further information please call or send us a message.
What to do Next?
Once you have decided that RPL is the path for you, send the required information above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your documents have been validated and you qualify for RPL, you will be required to pay the course fees and then given instructions on how to complete your chosen qualification. If there is a problem with your paperwork we will get in contact with you. But don’t stress we may just need some more information or we can direct you onto another pathway.
Note: The more evidence you can provide the better the outcome.
Duration will vary depending on the units you are applying for RPL.
Upon successful completion of your chosen pathway, you will receive and electronic statement of attainment. If you require a wallet sized card, please let us know as this is an additional charge of $20. You can purchase a wallet sized card later and will be sent to the address you provided in your enrolment.
Further Course Information
Individual course information is available under the Training Tab.
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English