Weekend Specials Are Back!!! Only $165pp BOOK NOW!
Have you completed confined space training before? Check out our Refresher/RPL page under the Training tab for more information.
Confined Space Training Sydney Overview
This confined space training Sydney includes entry and exit procedures, assessment of associated risks and how to operate safely in a confined space which is at atmospheric pressure during occupancy.
This enter and work confined space training ticket is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work in confined spaces. It is delivered in just 1 day, with a mix of classroom & practical skills learning.
This course is designed for workers who need to enter and work in confined spaces. However, in order to safety supervise and run a confined space project you may require our additional training which includes, permit issuer, conduct hazard analysis, gas test atmospheres, operate breathing apparatus, first aid and confined space rescue training. Please see our other confined space courses we offer under our Training tab.
What you will learn
- locating and applying relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- completion of entering and working in confined spaces that safely, effectively and efficiently including:
- obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- apply tagging and lock out
- selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- entering the confined space
- using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering the confined space
- working in the confined space
- using atmospheric monitoring devices during confined space activity
- applying safe materials handling methods
- exiting the confined space
- remove tagging and lock out
- identifying areas that constitute confined spaces
- complying with site and equipment safety requirements
- complying with the entry and exit procedures, risks and regulations
- types of air contaminants and toxic gases
- identifying the limitations of breathing apparatus
- identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- complying with site isolation and site control responsibilities and authorities
- locations of safety data sheets (SDS) information and application
- using confined space and Industry terminology.
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for those that may be required to do roles undertaking work in confined spaces. This is suitable for individuals who are looking:
- To gain employment in the resources and infrastructure industry
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers
- To use this unit of competency to complete a qualification
What are the entry requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access
1 Day face to face (with pre-course reading)
$189 per person
Public courses are run at our St Peters NSW facility 7 days a week.
Address: Unit 14/2 Burrows Road South, St Peters, NSW 2019
Start time 7:30am
All day street parking available.
Easy access via public transport, bus and train.
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English