Sydney Rescue Consultants Overview
Here at Sydney Rescue Consultants we believe that prevention is better than reaction. We deliver services to all levels of stakeholders in your business so that your workforce is properly prepared, trained and skilled to work safe and return home safe. However, in the unlikely event that there is a workplace accident, you must be prepared.
Our motto is “be prepared, stay safe”, to do that we provide on-site training and consultancy through accredited and non-accredited training, to keep your business not only compliant but to ensure your workforce is safe.
We believe in taking a flexible approach to safety as no two businesses are the same and we always take that into account and provide customised services based on your needs and budget and all delivered to the highest standards.
Our extensive experience has come from over 15 years in a variety of backgrounds including military, emergency services, construction, energy and mining sector. No matter what your business does, we have you covered.
Meet the Owner: Ed Oehlrich
Ed is from the North Shore of Sydney, where he attended Knox Grammar School. After leaving school he joined the Australian Regular Army in 2005 as a Specialist Mechanic. He was posted to various units around Australia including construction engineering, artillery and under Special Operations Command and was deployed to Afghanistan in 2010/2011 with the Special Operations Task Group. Upon returning he searched for a new challenge and transferred to Emergency Response where he gained extensive knowledge and experience in aviation crash rescue, road crash rescue, rope rescue, tactical rescue, combat first aid, fire, HAZMAT and CBRN and was posted to Darwin. After almost 11 years in the Army in 2016, Ed decided to discharge and get back to the real world.
Since discharge Ed has achieved numerous qualifications including a Diploma in Emergency Management and Work, Health and Safety, Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Certificate IV in Healthcare (Ambulance), Rope Access and a plethora of other industry related courses. He has worked in various fields including fire and safety industry, wind farms, rail, construction, civil, maintenance, warehousing and defence. And has gained extensive experience in inspection/audit, building maintenance, training and assessing, emergency response, medical, standby rescue and rope access.
Ed has a strong passion for safety and is continually trying to gain as much knowledge as possible so he can further develop himself and pass the knowledge onto others to better the workers of Australia and around the world.
- Diploma Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- Diploma Work, Health and Safety
- Cert III Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Cert II Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)
- Statement of Attainment towards Cert III, Emergency Response Operator
- Cert IV Healthcare (Ambulance)
- Advanced First Aid Certification
- Cert IV Training and Assessment with LLN
- Cert IV Work, Health and Safety
- Cert III Heavy Vehicle Road Transport
- IRATA Rope Access
- Heavy Rigid Drivers Licence
- Forklift Licence
- EWP under and over 11m
- Conduct local risk assessment
- Confined Space/Rescue
- Operate SCBA
- Gas test atmosphere
- Work in accordance/Observe/Issue local permits
- Working at Heights/Supervisor
- Tower Climbing and Rescue
- Vertical Rescue
- Provide First Aid/CPR/AED/LV
- Working with Children Clearance
- Asbestos Awareness
- Remove Non-Friable asbestos
- Remove Friable asbestos
- Asbestos Supervisor
- Chief Warden/Warden
- Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
- Manual Handling