Confined Space Entry Training Sydney Overview
This 1 day confined space entry training Sydney includes entry and exit procedures, assessment of associated risks and how to operate safely in a confined space.
This 1 day confined space entry training is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work in confined spaces. It is delivered in just 1 day, with a mix of classroom & practical skills learning.
This course is designed for workers who need to enter and work in confined spaces, but will be under the supervision of a standby and rescue team.
In order to safely supervise and run a confined space project you may require additional training to fulfil all positions of a confined space team which includes, standby, gas testing, permit issue, breathing apparatus and rescue. Please see our other courses we offer under our Training tab.
What you will learn
- locating and applying relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- completion of entering and working in confined spaces that safely, effectively and efficiently including:
- obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- apply tagging and lock out
- selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- entering the confined space
- using atmospheric monitoring devices prior to entering the confined space
- working in the confined space
- using atmospheric monitoring devices during confined space activity
- applying safe materials handling methods
- exiting the confined space
- remove tagging and lock out
- identifying areas that constitute confined spaces
- complying with site and equipment safety requirements
- complying with the entry and exit procedures, risks and regulations
- types of air contaminants and toxic gases
- identifying the limitations of breathing apparatus
- identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- complying with site isolation and site control responsibilities and authorities
- locations of safety data sheets (SDS) information and application
- using confined space and industry terminology.
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for those that may be required to do roles undertaking work in confined spaces. This is suitable for individuals who are looking:
- To Enter and work in confined spaces (confined space worker)
- To gain employment in the resources and infrastructure industry
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers
- To use this unit of competency to complete a qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however before making a booking students must:
- Be 18 years or older (unless prior arrangements have been made).
- Be able to clearly communicate (speak), read and write in English to a high standard.
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access. Preferably access to a Laptop/Desktop with a good WiFi connection to download the pre-course Learner Guide/s.
What are the Assessment Requirements?
During the course students must complete both theory and practical assessments under the following conditions in order to be deemed competent:
- Theory Assessment/s- Individual theory assessment (written and/or verbal) , which the student must get 100% in allotted time and attempts.
- Practical Assessment/s- Individual practical assessment based on scenarios given by the assessor in which the student must complete in order to prove their understanding of the subject and overall competency.
- Have a good attitude towards their training and overall safety.
NOTE: If a student is not successful in achieving a competent result for whatever reason, a re-booking or re-assessment fee will be applied depending on their short comings of their assessment/s.
1 day approx. 8 hours face to face (with pre-course reading)
$250 per person
Courses are run at our St Peters NSW facility.
Address: Unit 14/2 Burrows Road South, St Peters, NSW 2044
Start time 7:15am
All day street parking available. But limited so try to arrive 15-20 mins early as street parking fills up quick in the area.
Easy access via public transport, bus and train.
- RIIWHS202E Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English