Call NOW! 0433 655 800 or
Confined Space Rescue Training Overview
This confined space rescue training includes all the subjects listed under our standard and advanced confined space training programs but also includes operate breathing apparatus, first aid and confined space rescue training.
Please note at this time we don’t offer the unit of competency PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue. For a full list of the units you will receive at the successful completion of this course scroll down to the list at the bottom of the page.
The confined space rescue training is designed for workers requiring training in safely working in confined space at work sites within:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extractive industries
- Metalliferous mining
What you will learn
- Skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. As well as common first aid protocols.
- Provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Up to date Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation or CPR.
- Legal obligations when it comes to proving first aid.
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator or AED.
- Breathing apparatus training covers the skills and knowledge required to operate and maintain breathing apparatus and equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere, as defined by the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, which includes SCBA.
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of rescue work.
- A wide range of rescue and environmental situations, which may include industrial, rural, bush and extreme environmental conditions.
- Supervisor and employee responsibilities for rescue.
- Team rescue (entry method).
- Rescue from outside the space.
- Self rescue (escape)
- Writing a rescue plan
There are no prerequisites for these units.
All prices are GST Free!
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined space
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation,
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus
- PUASAR022A Participate in a Rescue Operation
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English