Confined Space Rescue Training Overview
THIS IS NOT AN ATTENDANCE COURSE. THIS IS NOT A TICK IN THE BOX COURSE. IF YOU ARE AFTER REAL TRAINING THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU, IF NOT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
This 2 day confined space rescue training is a continuation course from our 2 day Confined Space Entry and Standby course. It is a premium course designed for those wanting to get involved in standby rescue, become a rescue technician or develop existing rescue skills as a dedicated team member of an Emergency Response Team (ERT).
We MAX the course at 8 students so we can give individual attention as needed, to enable you or your team to be confident and proficient as members of a rescue team.
If you’re serious about rescue, this is the course for you. It will be hard, intense, make you think on your feet or on your belly.
You know what they say good training isn’t cheap and cheap training isn’t good.
Our confined space rescue training is designed for workers and rescue technicians requiring training within a variety of industries including the following:
- Civil construction
- Oil and Gas
- Public service
What you will learn
- Breathing apparatus training covers the skills and knowledge required to operate and maintain breathing apparatus and equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere, as defined by the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, which includes SCBA.
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of rescue work.
- A wide range of rescue and environmental situations, which may include industrial, rural, bush and extreme environmental conditions.
- Supervisor and employee responsibilities for rescue.
- Team rescue (entry method).
- Rescue from outside the space.
- Self rescue (escape)
- Writing a rescue plan
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for those that may be required to do roles undertaking work in confined spaces. This is suitable for individuals who are looking:
- To be able to work under breathing apparatus
- To be part of a Confined Space Rescue Team
- To gain employment in the resources and infrastructure industry
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers
- To use this unit of competency to complete a qualification
What are the entry requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however it is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Be able to clearly communicate (speak), read and write in English
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access. Preferably access to a Laptop/Desktop with a good WiFi connection to download the pre-course Learner Guide.
- Physically, medically and mentally fit.
- Able to lift and drag an 80kg dead weight approx 20 meters, conduct 5 heaves/pull ups, able to operate in dark or enclosed and loud environments. Not be more than 120kg. Not have any medical conditions or phobias that may endanger yourself or other students including epilepsy, claustrophobia or physical injury.
- Clean shaven on the days of training (breathing apparatus requirement)
Although there are no pre-requisites for this course it is highly recommended that you have completed the following units of competency before booking this course.
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- MSMPER200 Work in Accordance with an Issued permit
- MSMPER217 Gas Test Atmospheres
- MSMPER202 Observe Permit Work
- MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis
2 days approx 8 hours per day face to face (with pre-course reading and study)
$399 per person
Courses are run at our St Peters NSW facility.
Address: Unit 14/2 Burrows Road South, St Peters, NSW 2044
Start time 7:15am (everyday)
All day street parking available. But limited so try to arrive 15-20 mins early as street parking fills up quick in the area.
Easy access via public transport, bus and train.
- MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus
- PUASAR025 Undertake Confined Space Rescue
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English