Perform EWP Controlled Descent Escape Overview (Electrical Supply Industry)
THIS IS NOT AN ATTENDANCE COURSE. THIS IS NOT A TICK IN THE BOX COURSE. IF YOU ARE AFTER REAL TRAINING, THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU, IF NOT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! This unit covers the performance of elevated work platform (EWP) controlled descent escape procedures in the workplace. It specifies the mandatory requirements for self-rescue from a raised EWP and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work. The application of the skills and knowledge described in this unit may require a licence/registration to practice in the workplace subject to regulations for undertaking of electrical work. Other conditions may apply under state and territory legislative and regulatory licencing requirements which must be confirmed prior to commencing this unit.
What you will learn
Applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including the use of risk control measures Accessing, inspecting, securing and attaching emergency descent equipment to self in accordance with workplace procedures Evacuating the elevated work platform (EWP) and descending to the ground in accordance with workplace procedures. Procedures for EWP controlled descent escape encompassing: Inspection of rescue equipment Assessing hazards to self and others Involvement of external emergency services as appropriate Safe approach distances (SAD) appropriate to EWP controlled descent escape Procedures required for EWP controlled descent escape encompassing: Fitting of rescue equipment Controlling hazards to self and others Maintaining SAD for an EWP controlled descent escape Removing self to safe location/place of safety
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for individuals currently working, or wish to work in operational roles that require them to perform tower rescue. This is ideal for workers who are looking:
- For employment in the Electrical Supply Industries.
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no pre-requisites required for this course.
Before making a booking students must:
- Be 18 years or older (unless prior arrangements have been made).
- Be able to clearly communicate (speak), read and write in English to a high standard.
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access. Preferably access to a Laptop/Desktop with a good WiFi connection to download the pre-course Learner Guide.
- Physically, medically and mentally fit.
- Able to lift and drag an 80kg dead weight approx 20 meters, conduct 5 heaves/pull ups, 30 push ups and able to operate at heights. Not be more than 120kg. Not have any medical conditions or phobias that may endanger yourself or other students including fear of heights or physical injury.
1 Days (8 Hours approx. per day) face to face (with pre-course reading)
$4000 per group of 10 students.
- UETTDRRF08 – Perform EWP controlled descent escape