Fee Administration and Refund Policy
RELEVANT STANDARD(S): Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 Standard 5.3, 7.3
Sydney Rescue Consultantsadheres to the relevant compliance and legislative frameworks such as the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (SRTOs 2015). As such,Sydney Rescue Consultants will provide transparency in the application and administration of fees and charges including refund and will put in place a fair and reasonable refund process.
The purpose of this policy is to provide for the appropriate application and administration of fees and handling of client refunds.
Sydney Rescue Consultants implements fair and reasonable refund practices and transparent and process for fee application and administration. Sydney Rescue Consultants will ensure that:
- prospective students are aware of its fee policies in order to make informed decisions about enrolment in a course;
- its fee and refund policy is prominent and accessible to its staff, prospective students, and existing students;
- it implements and maintains a process for fair and reasonable refund and fees paid; and
- it provides refunds for feeds and charges paid by clients, where training and assessment activities have not been delivered
Fee Administration Policy Principles
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will inform its prospective students and employers (if applicable) of the full and accurate course fees associated with the training and the refund policy before enrolment.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will ensure that the fee and refund policy is accessible to its staff, prospective students and existing students. The fee information will include but will not be limited to the following information:
- Breakdown of the course fee (if any)
- Fee and Refund policy
- Incidental fees
- Compulsory fees
- Additional charges or co-contributions
- Methods of fee collection
- Process for recovery of outstanding student fees
- For any incidental fees that may be applicable, Sydney Rescue Consultants will inform the prospective student before enrolling that such fees are a charge for an essential good or service and that the student has a choice of acquiring this from a supplier other than Sydney Rescue Consultants.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will only charge fees for accredited training in accordance to the fee information published and provided to the prospective student and the Fee Administration and Refund policy.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will retain accurate course fee payment, waiver, exemption or refund record for each student.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will require payment prior commencement of training as well as pre-payment plans for students.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will apply standard student fees for Fee-for-Service (FFS) students.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will allow participant course fees to be paid on behalf of the student by their employer or another third party (if applicable).
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will maintain arrangements for the protection of any fees paid in advance in accordance with 7.3 of the Standards for RTOs 2015 and the NSW Fee Administration Policy.
Fee Payment Arrangements
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will affect financial practices to ensure the protection of fees paid in advance and exceeding the $1500 for any student. Sydney Rescue Consultants implements fee protection measures as prescribed under Schedule 6 of the Standards for RTOs.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants implements a fee payment plan and does not collect fees in advance exceeding $1500 for any student.
- Flexible payment arrangements / options will accommodate individual circumstances.
- Fees must be paid in full before certification will be issued.
- If payment instalment / arrangements are in place, and a payment becomes overdue and remains unpaid for a period in excess of 14 days, Sydney Rescue Consultants reserves the right to suspend the clients learning or assessments (or both) until all fee payments are up-to-date.
Outstanding Student Fees
- Non-payment of fees by the due date for continuing enrolments will result in suspension of training. Sydney Rescue Consultants will notify all parties in writing if suspension. Once payment has been finalised, parties will be notified of the recommencement of training.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will charge a recommencement fee for any suspended training to cover administration cost.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will not issue SOAs or Certificates if training fees are outstanding.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will inform students of its process for the recovery of outstanding student fees prior to enrolment through the Fee Administration and Refund Policy.
Refund Policy Principles
- Details of Sydney Rescue Consultants Refund Policy are publicly available to prospective students and employers (if applicable), staff and existing students and employers (if applicable).
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will make students aware of the refund policy prior enrolment.
- With regard to all withdrawal of training, Sydney Rescue Consultants will first encourage a client to continue training or provide other options such as enrolling to another course date, prior to processing refund applications.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants requires a written notification to apply for refund via completion of the Refund Request Form.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants acknowledges refund requests where:
- Course enrolment is cancelled at least within 24 hours prior to start date.
- Students have been subjected to majeure or mitigating circumstances (including but not limited to family, medical and other emergencies) that have prevented the students from attending a previously booked course. Students may be required to submit evidence/s to corroborate refund request on account of emergency or force majeure.
- Students have been enrolled or booked to an incorrect course.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations outside of the Refund Period.
- For refund applications within the Refund Period, the Refund Request Form must be received by Sydney Rescue Consultants, within the Refund Period. A refund of the course fee, less the applicable Administrative Fees will only be issued if all above criteria have been met and the student has no previous outstanding monies with the Sydney Rescue Consultants.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants requires written notification of withdrawal from training the completion of the Withdrawal from Training Form. Refund will be assessed upon receipt of the request. Statement of fees that includes all fees applied and any fees refunded (if applicable) will be provided where a student withdraws from training.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will process refund requests within 7 days from the day of receipt. The reimbursement procedure may take up to 4 weeks.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will charge a non-refundable Administration Fee of $50 or 20% of the course fee whichever is higher to cover administration costs.
- All refunds will be paid to the person or organisation that originally paid the fees.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants does not provide refund where:
- A student is tardy beyond 30 minutes of class start time without prior notice to the trainer or presentation of a valid excuse.
- A client or student cancels a face-to-face training booked in a public facility less than 24 hours from start date.
- A client or student cancels an on-site face-to-face training less than 72 hours from start date.
- A client or student cancels a privately booked training less than 72 hours from start date.
- A student is cancelled from the course due to unacceptable behaviour, including but not limited to indecorum in class due to drug-use or alcohol.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants may provide consideration for refund for students who have commenced training with the discretion of the CEO/Manager.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants does not accept liability for loss or damage suffered in the event of withdrawal from a course by a client.
- Sydney Rescue Consultants provides a full refund to all clients, should there be a need for Sydney Rescue Consultants to cancel a course. In the first instance Sydney Rescue Consultants will (where possible) provide an opportunity for the client to attend another scheduled course. If Sydney Rescue Consultants cancels a course, clients do not have to apply for a refund; Sydney Rescue Consultants will process the refunds automatically.
- Refunds for cancellation of enrolments and other conditions are granted based on the refunds table in the annex of this policy.
MONITORING AND IMPROVEMENT
The Sydney Rescue Consultants Administration Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy. The Administration Team of Sydney Rescue Consultants will process refund requests.
Sydney Rescue Consultants CEO and/or Administration Coordinator is responsible for all continuous improvement processes in relation to the fee administration and refund policy and procedure and ensuring all staff, including those from the third party providers are complying with the provisions of this policy.
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS Refunds Table
- Sydney Rescue Consultants Refunds for enrolments are subject to the following refund formula.
- Refund Period:
- Refund requested at least 24 hours prior to start date:
- Face-to-face public facility booked course
- All other course enrolments not subject to other conditions stipulated in this policy
- Refund requested at least 24 hours prior to start date:
- Refund requested at least 72 hours prior to start date:
- Face-to-face training booked on-site
- Face-to-face training booked for exclusive/private students.
|Refund Type||Description||Notification Requirements||Non-refundable fee||Refund|
|Enrolment cancellation / withdrawal from training within the “refund period”||-For all individual units NOT commenced and -For all individual units commenced||-In writing, within the refund period||administration fee: $50 or 20% of course fee whichever is higher||-Full refund less the administration fee -Future payments maybe cancelled for students under payment plans|
|Withdrawal from Course beyond the refund period “Withdrawal outside the refund period”||Withdrawal from Training – for all units commenced/attended/ completed||-In writing, any day beyond the “refund period”||administration fee: $50 or 20% of course fee whichever is higher||-No refund or -In some cases upon the discretion of the Sydney Rescue Consultants, the calculated refund less the administration fee|
|Withdrawal from Course Due to Indecorum||Where student is dismissed from training due to unacceptable behaviour||N/A||administration fee: $50 or 20% of course fee whichever is higher||– No refund o refund|
|RPL / Credit Transfer||Where recognition of prior learning and/or credit transfer has been granted after enrolment||N/A||administration fee: $50 or 20% of course fee whichever is higher||-No refund C|
|Course Cancellation||Cancellation of a course by Sydney Rescue Consultants (for any reason)||N/A||administration fee: $50 or 20% of course fee whichever is higher||Full refund or enrolment to a different qualification|
|Withdrawal – “not of their own accord”||Where training ceased due to RTO closure. Where student is enrolled in an incorrect course.||N/A||administration fee: $50 or 20% of course fee whichever is higher||Full refund or referral to a different service provider|
|Version Control Table|
|Date||Summary of Modifications||Modified by||Version|
|12/12/2018||Procedure creation||SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS||v. 1.0|
|9/6/2020||Change of address to St Peters||CEO-Edward Oehlrich||v. 1.1.|