Heights Rescue Training Overview
THIS IS NOT AN ATTENDANCE COURSE. THIS IS NOT A TICK IN THE BOX COURSE. IF YOU ARE AFTER REAL TRAINING, THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU, IF NOT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
This 2 day Heights Rescue Training covers the training you are required to do under legislation, ensuring your workers are trained and skilled in Work Safely at Heights and Heights Rescue procedures.
Our 2 day intense heights rescue training course has been constructed from collaboration of experiences across a variety of industries including rope access, mining, gas, telecommunications, tower work, construction, wind farms, emergency services and military.
This heights rescue course is designed to teach operators and employers how to effectively and safely working at heights and rescue the skills, knowledge and requirements by law when workers are at height which includes a rescue plan.
Under Australian legislation Work Health and Safety Regulations 2017 NSW Part 4.4 Falls Section 80
- If a person conducting a business or undertaking provides a fall arrest system as a control measure.
- The person must establish emergency procedures, including rescue procedures, in relation to the use of the fall arrest system.
- The person must ensure that the emergency procedures are tested so that they are effective.
- The person must provide relevant workers with suitable and adequate information, training and instruction in relation to the emergency procedures.
We’ll show you different techniques, equipment, plans and most of all you’ll leave confident that you can SAVE A LIFE!
What you will learn
- The relevant statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- Code of Practice/Australian Standard AS/ NZS: 1891.
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- The processes of providing for safe work practices & safe work methods
- Safety considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Comply with environmental requirements, ie powerlines
- Pendulum effect, snagging, effects of free fall and suspension trauma
- Conducting operator equipment inspections and filling in a equipment fault report.
- Rescue from above using a proprietary pre-rigged system.
- Simple rescue.
- Self rescue.
- Advise on equipment available to the general public.
- Writing a rescue plan.
If you require more in-depth training or specialised heights/vertical rescue training please view our vertical rescue training course or contact us for further information.
- Examples of specialised rescue includes: Pick-off rescue, tower rescue, rope rescue, wilderness rescue and ladder rescue.
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for those that may be required to do roles undertaking work in confined spaces. This is suitable for individuals who are looking:
- To work safely at heights
- To expand your skills and be able to perform basic industrial heights rescues.
- To gain employment in the resources and infrastructure industry
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers
- To use this unit of competency to complete a qualification
What are the entry requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however it is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Be able to clearly communicate (speak), read and write in English
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access. Preferably access to a Laptop/Desktop with a good WiFi connection to download the pre-course Learner Guide.
- Physically, medically and mentally fit.
- Able to lift and drag an 80kg dead weight approx 20 meters, conduct 5 heaves/pull ups, able to operate in dark or enclosed and loud environments. Not be more than 120kg. Not have any medical conditions or phobias that may endanger yourself or other students including fear of heights or physical injury.
2 Days approx. 8 hours per day face to face (with pre-course reading and study)
Note: If you have completed our 1 Day Work Safely at Heights Training within 1 year, we can conduct this course over 1 Day for $250 per person.
$399 per person
Public courses are run at our St Peters NSW facility.
Address: Unit 14/2 Burrows Road South, St Peters, NSW 2044
Start time 7:15am
All day street parking available.
Easy access via public transport, bus and train.
- RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
- PUASAR022 Participate in a Rescue Operation
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English
Click here to book or enquire about our Heights Rescue Training Course
[google-reviews-pro place_photo=https://sydneyrescue.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Sydney-Rescue-Consultants-Logo.png place_name=”Sydney Rescue Consultants” place_id=ChIJ7faOh6qtEmsRf2NqbuNKd-I auto_load=true write_review=true view_mode=badge_left open_link=true nofollow_link=true]