Call NOW! 0433 655 880 or
Heights Rescue Training Overview
This 2 day Heights Rescue Training covers the additional training you are required to do under legislation ensuring your workers are trained and skilled in Heights Rescue and First Aid.
Our heights rescue training course has been constructed from collaboration of experiences across a variety of industries including rope access, mining, gas, telecommunications, tower work, construction, wind farms, emergency services and military.
This heights rescue course is designed to teach workers and employers with no prior experience in rescue or first aid the skills, knowledge and requirements by law when workers are at height which includes first aid and a rescue plan.
Under Australian legislation Work Health and Safety Regulations 2017 NSW Part 4.4 Falls Section 80
- If a person conducting a business or undertaking provides a fall arrest system as a control measure.
- The person must establish emergency procedures, including rescue procedures, in relation to the use of the fall arrest system.
- The person must ensure that the emergency procedures are tested so that they are effective.
- The person must provide relevant workers with suitable and adequate information, training and instruction in relation to the emergency procedures.
We’ll show you different techniques, equipment, plans and most of all you’ll leave confident that you can SAVE A LIFE!
What you will learn
- The relevant statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- Code of Practice/Australian Standard AS/ NZS: 1891.
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- The processes of providing for safe work practices & safe work methods
- Safety considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Comply with environmental requirements, ie powerlines
- Pendulum effect, snagging, effects of free fall and suspension trauma
- A wide range of rescue and environmental situations, which may include industrial, rural, bush and extreme environmental conditions.
- Supervisor and employee responsibilities for rescue.
- Pick-off rescue inc. tower rescue, ladder rescue
- Rescue from above.
- Simple rescue.
- Self rescue.
- Writing a rescue plan.
- Skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. As well as common first aid protocols.
- Provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Up to date Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation or CPR.
- Legal obligations when it comes to proving first aid.
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator or AED.
This is a physical course, you will sweat!! Make sure you or your workers are physically able before booking this course.
18 hours approx. over 2 days (with pre-course study of 2.5 hours)
To book at our training facility in Emu Plains
Minimum 4 students $2400 @ $600pp
5 students $2550 @ $510pp
6 students $2700 @ $450pp
7 students $2870 @ $410pp
Maximum 8 students $3000 @ $375pp
Note: Facility only available Monday – Friday.
All prices are GST free!
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- PUASAR022A Participate in a Rescue Operation
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English