Industry Engagement Policy
RELEVANT STANDARD(S): Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 Standard 1, Clauses 1.5 and 1.6
Systematically engages with the industry for all accredited training delivered under its scope of registration. This ensures that SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS delivers relevant and current training and assessment in all training programs.
In order to meet the training needs of the industry, SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS ensures that:
- Training and assessment practices are relevant to the needs of industry and informed by industry engagement.
- A range of strategies are implemented for industry engagement and systematically uses the outcome of that industry engagement to ensure the industry relevance of:
- its training and assessment strategies, practices and resources;
- the current industry skills of its trainers and assessors.
- Assessments are conducted in an environment that simulates the real – life working environment where the skills and knowledge obtained as part of the course would be performed, with all relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
- Trainers and assessors conduct industry engagement to maintain vocational competence and to comply with the requirements for SRTOs 2015.
INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT METHODS
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS conducts industry engagement through a range of methods including, but not limited to:
- industry engagement surveys with industry stakeholders;
- trainer and assessor professional development;
- industry market surveys and analysis;
- consultation with industry skills councils.
The processes for conducting, recording, analysing and implementing the feedback obtained through industry engagement are outlined in the SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS industry engagement procedural document.
INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT SURVEY
- TAS Industry Engagement Survey
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS‘ TRAINING MANAGER conducts the TAS Industry Engagement at least once a year or as needed, particularly when there are relevant industry changes. This is to ensure that training and assessment strategies remain industry current. This is conducted by SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS using the TAS Industry Engagement Survey form.
- Trainer Industry Engagement Consultation
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS trainers and assessors conduct industry engagement consultation in each course area. Information gathered is used to enhance current programs and for the development of new programs that meet identified industry needs. This is recorded using SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS’ Trainer Industry Engagement Log. SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS’ trainers and assessors are required to actively engage with industry to ensure that SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS’ training programs are relevant to the industry needs. Trainers and assessors are required to complete an activity report annually for each course or qualification they deliver.
- Trainer and Assessor Professional Development
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS trainers and assessors conduct industry engagement to maintain their vocational competence and to comply with the requirements for SRTOs 2015. Trainer and assessor industry engagement activities maybe, but is not limited to any of the following methods:
- Industry Events
Participation in professional development activities ensures that trainers and assessors maintain current industry skills, knowledge and experience in their vocational qualifications. This is necessary to ensure that their training and assessment is based on current industry practices and meets the needs of industry.
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS requires full-time and part-time training and assessment employees to attend professional development activities to maintain vocation currency in both their training and assessment qualifications and any other industry specific qualifications.
All training and assessment employees are required to attend professional development activities such as, but not limited to, industry specific events, seminars, workshops, short courses, and internal or external professional development days.
- Industry Placement
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS trainer and assessor industry placement program ensures that trainers and assessors maintain current industry skills, knowledge and experience. This is necessary to ensure that their training and assessment is based on current industry practices and meets the needs of industry.
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS requires full-time and part-time employees to update their industry currency through employment, industry placement and/or other work-related industry activities. Trainers and assessors must engage with industry across all vocational areas through paid and/or other leave to attend industry currency programs. Details of these
industry currency activities are recorded in their trainer profiles. Information and knowledge gained during these placements is retained through the SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS’s Industry Placement Activity Log.
- 4. Industry Market Analysis
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS conducts market research and analysis as needed to obtain useful information about industry trends and opportunities. The market research process includes, but is not limited to:
- gathering skilling trends and sector reports;
- identifying in-demand qualifications and training needs;
- understanding the current market environment.
This information is provided to Management to inform decisions on launching new courses and additions of qualifications to scope.
- Consultation with Industry Skills Council and Industry Training Advisory Bodies
SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS consults with industry skills councils when required to obtain valuable industry advice to inform development of training and assessment resources and improvements to training and assessment strategies, practices.
Any communication made with industry bodies and skills council will be logged and information and knowledge gained is recorded in the SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS Industry Communication Form.
MONITORING AND IMPROVEMENT
All industry engagement activities are monitored by the TRAINING MANAGER of SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS. Areas for improvement that has been identified are recorded, discussed, actioned upon and evaluated during the continuous improvement and compliance meetings. (See Continuous Improvement Policy)
|Version Control Table|
|Date||Summary of Modifications||Modified By||Version|
|19/10/2018||Policy Creation||SYDNEY RESCUE CONSULTANTS||v. 1.0|
|9/6/2020||Change of address to St Peters||CEO- Edward Oehlrich||V 1.1|