RELEVANT STANDARD(S): Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 Standard 8.5 and 8.6
Sydney Rescue Consultantsis committed to maintain the privacy of personal information provided by staff and clients in accordance with the requirements of the ‘Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015’ and Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988.
Sydney Rescue Consultants is committed to the Australian Privacy Legislation and this policy describes how:
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will comply with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988
- The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012,
- and Australian Privacy Principles in the way it collects, uses, secures and discloses personal information.
Data Collection on Website:
- By providing the limited personal information on Sydney Rescue Consultants website, any other website promoting our products and services, or through other means, clients and potential customers agree to allow Sydney Rescue Consultants and other third parties elected by Sydney Rescue Consultants to send out marketing materials including, but not limited to their promotions and special offers, product information, information about services, newsletters, and other forms of communication from time to time.
- We will disclose basic information that we gather about our staff or students only to third parties that we elect as having potentially relevant or useful products and services to them. We use the information collected only for the services we provide and our third parties we elect. Email addresses, phone numbers, product enquiry information, and first and last names may be shared with a third party elected by Sydney Rescue Consultants however no other staff or student information is shared with another organisation unless required by Commonwealth and State Government authorities and agencies.
- If staff or student information is required or requested by any third party outside of those which Sydney Rescue Consultants elects, we will obtain written consent from the relevant staff or student prior to release of any information. Should staff or students seek access to their information, they will be asked to supply their name, date of birth and address as identification before this can occur.
Data Collection to Provide Training and Assessment Services:
- In order to provide training and assessment services, Sydney Rescue Consultants lawfully collects personal information from staff and clients that are necessary both for appropriate marketing and promotional information to be sent to potential clients; and for the business to function.
- The information collected and held will depend upon the products and services requested. This information is required to be reported to ASQA under the requirements of the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standards (AVETMISS).
- Information collected may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Contact details (telephone and email)
- Date of Birth
- Cultural Background (Indigenous)
- Country of birth
- Language spoken at home
- Level of English spoken
- Disability information
- Highest schooling completed
- Other qualifications completed
- Current employment status
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
- The enrolment form completed by clients contains a disclaimer outlining why the personal information is collected and how it is to be used. Clients are required to sign the disclaimer as their agreement to the use of their personal information. Alternatively, the disclaimer can be acknowledged via a declaration upon booking a course by directly booking through the website or booking information email for a company or employer booking.
Use and Disclosure
- By providing personal information to Sydney Rescue Consultants on the website, any other website promoting our products and services, or through other means, clients and potential customers agree to allow Sydney Rescue Consultants and other third parties elected by Sydney Rescue Consultants to send out marketing materials including, but not limited to their promotions and special offers, product information, information about services, newsletters, and other forms communication from time to time.
- To establish and maintain the relationship to Sydney Rescue Consultants.
- To promote and market its products and services.
- To provide the products and services requested from Sydney Rescue Consultants and other learning providers in which you enrol or apply to enrol.
- To promote and market the products and services of third parties elected by Sydney Rescue Consultants that may have products and services of interest to clients and potential customers.
- To administer and manage those products and services.
- To comply with Commonwealth and State Government laws and regulations including the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006 and the Education (Queensland Studies Authority) Act and Regulation 20012 where applicable.
- To report to National Registering Bodies in relation to training services provided.
- Access to student personal information beyond that shared with third parties for promotional purpose (email addresses, phone numbers products, product enquiry information and first and last names) is available on application through the Administration Team of Sydney Rescue Consultants. Access to personal information will be controlled at all times. A person requesting any information will be accompanied for the entire time they are in possession of their personal information by the Administration Team of Sydney Rescue Consultants.
- Student have the option to request no further contact from Sydney Rescue Consultants or one of Sydney Rescue Consultants elected third parties by clicking the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link provided on emails received.
Agents, Contractors and Other Third Parties
Our agents, contractors and other third parties, who requires personal information to provide a legitimate service, are also bound by these terms of privacy to ensure that client and participate personal information remains protected at all times.
Use of Internet
The internet may be used to transmit client and participants personal information from delivery sites to other sites and to state/federal registering bodies. Security of data transmitted to state and federal registering bodies is managed by the respective bodies and we have taken all reasonable steps to protect and secure personal information when using the internet.
We will ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Clients and participants are encouraged to help us keep their personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting and informing us of any changes.
Access to Records
- Sydney Rescue Consultants will not disclose information that we gather about our student to any third party (apart from those exceptions previously stated.)
- In student information is requested by third party we will require authority from the relevant student prior to release of any information. Students will be asked to supply their name, date of birth and address as identification before this authority can be given. This authority will be kept on the Student Profile for as long as the student endorses it.
- Should staff or students seek access to their information, they will be asked to supply their name, date of birth and address as identification before this can occur. Access to student personal information is available on application through the Administration Team of Sydney Rescue Consultants. Access to personal information will be controlled at all times.
Clients are able to raise any concern they may have regarding personal information handling practices by contacting our administration staff.
MONITORING AND IMPROVEMENT
|Version Control Table|
|Date||Summary of Modifications||Modified by||Version|
|20/12/2018||Policy Creation||Sydney Rescue Consultants||v. 1.0|
|1/3/2020||Address change to St Peters||Sydney Rescue Consultants||v. 1.1|