Vertical Rescue Training Overview
THIS IS NOT AN ATTENDANCE COURSE. THIS IS NOT A TICK IN THE BOX COURSE. IF YOU ARE AFTER REAL TRAINING THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU, IF NOT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
This 5 day vertical rescue training is a premium course designed for those wanting to get involved in standby rescue, become a rescue technician or develop existing rescue skills as a dedicated team member of an Emergency Response Team (ERT).
We MAX the course at 8 students so we can give individual attention as needed, to enable you or your team to be confident and proficient as members of a rescue team.
If you’re serious about rescue, this is the course for you. It will be hard, intense, make you think on your feet or on your belly.
You know what they say good training isn’t cheap and cheap training isn’t good.
Our vertical rescue training is designed for workers and rescue technicians requiring training within a variety of industries including the following:
- Civil construction
- Oil and Gas
- Public service
What you will learn
- Everything from either our 1 day work safely at heights or our 2 day heights rescue/supervisor training plus;
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of rescue work.
- A wide range of rescue and environmental situations, which may include industrial, rural, bush and extreme environmental conditions.
- Supervisor and employee responsibilities for rescue.
- Team rescue.
- Self rescue.
- Pick-off rescue
- Low and High angel rescue
- Assessing, treating and packaging casualties
- Using stretchers in raising and lowering operations
- Writing a rescue plan.
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for those that may be required to do roles undertaking work in confined spaces. This is suitable for individuals who are looking:
- To work safely at heights
- To be part of a Vertical Rescue Team or expand your skills as part of a larger Emergency Response Team or Rescue Technician.
- To gain employment in the resources and infrastructure industry
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers
- To use this unit of competency to complete a qualification
What are the entry requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however it is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Be able to clearly communicate (speak), read and write in English
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access. Preferably access to a Laptop/Desktop with a good WiFi connection to download the pre-course Learner Guide.
- Physically, medically and mentally fit.
- Able to lift and drag an 80kg dead weight approx 20 meters, conduct 5 heaves/pull ups, able to operate in dark or enclosed and loud environments. Not be more than 120kg. Not have any medical conditions or phobias that may endanger yourself or other students including fear of heights or physical injury.
5 Days approx. 8 hour per day face to face (with pre-course reading and study)
$999 per person
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
- PUASAR022 Participate in a Rescue Operation
- PUASAR032 Undertake Vertical Rescue
All courses are delivered in English