Weekend Public Courses NOW AVAILABLE! ONLY $199 PER PERSON
Have you completed working at heights training before? Check out our Refresher/RPL page under the courses tab for more information.
Working at Heights Training Sydney Overview
This working safely at heights training Sydney has been developed by industry experts to cater for all persons that are required to work at any height where there is a potential to fall and cause injury, fall from one level to another, work in elevated work platforms, work from scaffold, slopes and any other position where workers are required to have a working at heights ticket.
This working at heights course describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. Gaining your working at heights ticket is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights and can open doors to a new career. It is delivered in just 1 day, with a mix of classroom & practical skills learning.
What you will learn
- The relevant statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- Code of Practice/Australian Standard AS/ NZS: 1891.
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- The processes of providing for safe work practices & safe work methods
- Safety considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Comply with environmental requirements, ie powerlines
- Pendulum effect, snagging, effects of free fall and suspension trauma
- Conducting operator equipment inspections and filling in a equipment fault report.
- Demonstration of a rescue from above using a proprietary pre-rigged system. (Gotcha Kit or R-Alf)
1 Day face to face (with pre-course reading)
Prices Start at $199pp
Public courses are run at our Bankmeadow NSW facility.
Address: Unit 6/3 Exell St, Banksmeadow, NSW 2019
Start time 7:30am
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights (via electronic certificate with QR code for verification purposes).
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English