Weekend Courses Are Back!!! Only $189pp BOOK NOW!
Have you completed working at heights training before? Check out our Refresher/RPL page under the Training tab for more information.
Working at Heights Training Sydney Overview
This work safely at heights training Sydney has been developed by industry experts to cater for all persons that are required to work at any height where there is a potential to fall and cause injury, fall from one level to another, work in elevated work platforms, work from scaffold, slopes and any other position where workers are required to have a working at heights ticket.
This working at heights course describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. Gaining your working at heights ticket is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights and can open doors to a new career. This includes roofers, solar technicians, electrical technicians, engineers and more. It is delivered in just 1 day, with a mix of classroom & practical skills learning.
What you will learn
- The relevant statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- Code of Practice/Australian Standard AS/ NZS: 1891.
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- The processes of providing for safe work practices & safe work methods
- Safety considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Comply with environmental requirements, ie powerlines
- Pendulum effect, snagging, effects of free fall and suspension trauma
- Conducting operator equipment inspections and filling in a equipment fault report.
- Escape from a high point using basic industrial abseiling techniques. (St Peters facility only)
Where can it take your career?
This training course is designed for individuals currently working, or wish to work in operational roles that require them to perform work at heights, including those involved in the infrastructure, construction, roofing, and other similar industries. This is ideal for workers who are looking:
- For employment in the building and construction and infrastructure industries
- To formalise their qualifications to meet workplace and legislative requirements
- To upgrade or refresh their skills to advance their careers
What are the entry requirements?
There are no prerequisites, however it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have proficient computer skills with internet access
8 Hours approx. face to face (with pre-course reading)
$189 per person
Public courses are run at our St Peters NSW facility 7 days a week.
Address: Unit 14/2 Burrows Road South, St Peters, NSW 2019
Start time: 7:30am
All day street parking available.
Easy access via public transport, bus and train.
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
Verified through training.gov.au
All courses are delivered in English